Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:15:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net (Steve Price)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FAQ: debunking UCB (BSD) license objections

Well, enough people have asked for this that I'm sending it out.

> # Deflect them.  If they examine their license critically against
> # another license that better espouses their philosophy, their reason
> # for buy-in to the GPL in the first place, then the GPL has lost.
> #
> # That's why I point at the eCOS license.  As an instrumentality of
> # the GNU Manifesto, it is a profoundly superior document to the GPL.

Q1.	What is the URL for the eCOS license?

http://www.cygnus.com/ecos/ecoslicense.html

> # Then you shoot down their primary anti-UCB themes one by one.  I
> # can give you the distilled themes and the canned counter-arguments,
> # with real-world examples, if you want.

Q2.	I want a copy of the distilled themes list for <my reason here>;
	can you send it to me?

A brief FAQ debunking common objections to the UCB (BSD) license