Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 18:38:29 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        Andreas Gerstenberg <andy@andy.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, jdp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: generic problem in ports?

Look at http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=27495
A quick workaround is to remove your checkouts file (usually
/usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts:.) and recvsup.  I am currently
checking if this problem also shows up when using the newest
cvsup beta version (the net/cvsup-devel port).

Removing the checkouts file always works, although it makes
the next cvsup much slower.  This is only once though, after
the checkouts file is rebuilt, everything proceeds normally.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.