Date:      16 Aug 1999 16:21:43 -0400
From:      Allan Strand <stranda@cofc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing wordperfect seemed to break linux emulation

Hi All,

I am tracking 3.2 stable.  I have been using linux emulation to run
a spreadsheet and it has been working fine for a several upgrades.

I just installed wordperfect 8 from the ports collection.  When the
installation was running, it reinstalled linux compatibility.  The
result of this installation is that I now can run programs under linux
emulation only as root.  They all seem to work fine including xwp.
As a regular user, they all crash with a signal 11 segfault

The fact that emulation is working under root leads me to believe that
there is a permission problem, but I'm not sure where to look.

Any ideas?
A.
--
Allan E. Strand          stranda@cofc.edu,  http://linum.cofc.edu
Department of Biology    Phone:      (843) 953-8085