Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:28:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        Clarence Brown <clabrown@granitepost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 4.1 lockup at isa0: on reboot

> It IS a Western Digital Caviar AC22000 drive. I
> might be able to dig up an even older Seagate for
> a test install.

Try it, it might work.

> How do I make it use the WD driver? Will that
> affect the IDE CDROM?

Add the following lines to your kernel configuration and remove all line
containing "ata".

device          wdc0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
device          wd1     at wdc0 drive 1
device          wdc1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
device          wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

If it does indeed work with the wd driver and not with the ata driver, try to
get together as much information as possible and send it to sos@freebsd.org.
Of course it might not be the same problem I had, but it is still worth a try.

Blaz Zupan, Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325