Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Szymanski <brian.szymanski@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hi,

Please CC: me in any response. I was wondering if its possible to run plip
between one 3.5.1 machine and one 4.x machine? Or does that generate some sort
of error? Because when I set everything up, and try to ping the respective
hosts, use goes up one per ping on the one host, and not at all on the other
(including the packets that that very machine sends out!)

Is this a routing issue, a version incompatibility, or an issue with the
parallel card perhaps (which is the el-cheapo bidirectional one...)?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Brian Szymanski
bks10@cornell.edu