Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:40:42 +0100
From:      "Stefan Lindgren" <s.lindgren@telia.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   puh!(PC hardware)

OK.
Many thanks to you guys that tried to help me out.

I have tried to manipulate the bios, but it only seems to delay the kernel panic.(trap 12 page fault)
Hardware:
Tyan S-1668 DPPro's 200, EDO SIMMS 32 MB(BIOS AWARD 5.1)
Seagate Medalist UDMA 33 6.4
Matrox Millenium I 4 MB(change from Diamond Fire GL PRO)

I have removed my ISA card(NE2000) and it still doesn't work. I did have no problem at all with the NCR875 UW SCSI and Intel 100B (fxp0). I have changed my SIMM's, but I had no problem with the same before. So the only diff now is that I use this IDE/UDMA harddrive and the onboard IDE interface.
It doesn't do the fsck properly. Forget compiling.

Any more suggestions?
(My NeXTSTEP Mono Turbo is fantastic)

Syprix AB
Stefan Lindgren