Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:07:49 +0000
From:      David Hooton <david.hooton@platformnetworks.net>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MPD LAC Scaling

Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating MPD as a potential LAC solution for a project I'm =
working on.  I'm looking to try and handle at least 4Gbit and 20,000 sessio=
ns worth of PPPoE -> L2TP LAC traffic per server.  The reading I've done fr=
om the archives so far seems to indicate that this has not yet been done..

So my questions to you are:
A) Can it be done?
B) Am I crazy?
C) What is the most sessions and traffic an MPD install is doing that you'r=
e aware of?
C) What kind of hardware is required?
D) What MPD and BSD configurations would you recommend?
E) How would I load test such a configuration?

I'm hoping to start testing our options very shortly and am willing to cont=
ribute development time & effort if required to make it happen.  Thanks for=
 your help!
--
Cheers!

Dave