Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:04:02 +0200
From:      "Erich Voigt" <erich@ticzone.com>
To:        "Andrew Reid" <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Website Remote Access?

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for the response!

On my side, everything is rosy, running with lots of spare capacity and
bandwidth BUT somewhere in the link between the "Client" and my webapp,
there are bottlenecks, firewall, CA's poorly set up browsers, etc., etc.

BUT the first thing the client does is state: "Your Site response is
poor/times out/etc., etc.

Now I would like to be able to (OK, I can sunscribe to 3 dial up accounts
that will access my site from the other side of the country via the 3 ISP's
I am using (BGP/ASN/AS)) - able to browse to a site and, as per
traceroute.org, access my site THROUGH that site as if I am THERE - not a
"link" as that would end up with me accessing my site 5 meters away from
where I am sitting - a redirect (not cache) in real time so I can see that
there is a problem with response via that link.....   Usually there is NOT
but I need to simulate it and tell the client to check his
system/firewall/isp/etc.....

Is that clearer now?

Cape Town ZA                          1000+ km
My AppServer-PIX-Router-E1-ISP- all tracert hops-congestion-WTC----------|
remote http

|-Relay Box
Me on my Browser-PIX-Router-E1-ISP- all tracert hops-congestion-WTC------|
JHB or NYC
Cape Town ZA                          1000+ km

Regards

Erich