Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:25:50 -0700
From:      Everett F Batey II se <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        questions at freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Everett F Batey II <efb@cotdazr.org>
Subject:   Possible issues booting an fd0 4.7 kern.flp

--------------154B69652DDD7A45D0F1722A

An award 1997 BIOS shows up at bootup (systems has run 2.2.8 and now
4.2)
noticing the AHA2940 resource which holds the hopefully soon to be old
4.2 OS.

The boot up .. assume firmware or whatever .. mbr, boot0, boot1, ? ..
prompts
"Initialize ... MBA ... " I have no idea how that got there .. then up
comes ..
"Press N to boot net ..." and finally assume booteasy "Default:  F2"  .
I have the
award BIOS set to A, C, SCSI, or at least A first ..  The
"1:fd(0,a)/kernal" of the
kern.flp (FreeBSD 4.7) is NOT accessable ..

What must I be overlooking .. the fd is visible from 4.2 when booted but
I can NOT
boot from fd0 ..?  Unlike lilo .. I can not decide what to edit in the
/boot directory or
where ever to get a fd boot and NOT circumvent the boot sequence.

PS With this old a mobo, is there a list of older and still available
50-pin U-SCSIs
that should fly with the AHA2940 ?

/Ev/
--