Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:32:10 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Georges Discry <murmex@gathex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port Request: Bongo

--------------enig259F02AC7143026F293BFF89

Georges Discry wrote:
> In fact, I started a port but hit some problems with CMake. It's having=
=20
> problems locating the libraries and include files of libical and openld=
ap.

In general terms, you will need to either supply arguments to a configura=
tion
command, or patch a configure script so that it will discover shlibs inst=
alled
under $LOCALBASE/lib (which is usually /usr/local/lib). Where there's a l=
ot
of Makefile infrastructure already set up (as there is when you USE_CMAKE=
 --
see /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.cmake.mk) then this should all be handled for you
already.

There's a lot of prior-art for using CMake in the ports tree -- as there =
is
for using LDAP.  In fact, take a look at security/ike and deskutils/kdepi=
m4
as examples of ports that use both.

> Looks like there is nothing set by default for the CMake functions=20
> CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE and CHECK_LIBRARY_EXISTS to work. Guess I'll have to=
=20
> try harder!

Or copy what someone else already did:

   % grep -Er 'CHECK_(INCLUDE_FILE|LIBRARY_EXISTS)' /usr/ports/

> I also have the problem that if I add USE_AUTOTOOLS=3Dlibtool:22, as=20
> libtool is a depency, it tries to use ./configure instead of CMake.=20
> Should I use a direct dependency in LIB_DEPENDS ?

If there are USE_FOO flags available, then you should use them.  In this
case, you seem to require some combination of USE_CMAKE, USE_OPENLDAP
and USE_AUTOTOOLS -- as far as I can tell, just haing both USE_CMAKE and
USE_AUTOTOOLS=3Dlibtool:22 should do the right thing, as USE_CMAKE will
completely rewrite the do-configure: make target.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3