Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:29:25 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Binary Security Branch Patches

I was looking for documentation on binary patches for security
branches. I can't really find any. This document,

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/index.html

Says they exist, but I can't seem to find them. I remember list
discussions with people working on them participating, but can't find
a anything too specific in list archives at the moment.

Are there binary patches? Is the binary patch project alive? The lack
of information about binary patches in security advisories leads me to
believe if something does exist, it's not really ready for primetime
yet?