Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:57:43 -0400
From:      Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@dca.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMP Supermicro P6DKS and hanging boot

Hello,

I am attempting to boot a P6DKS motherboard running SMP and 650mb ram.
All goes fine until mfsroot attempts to boot the kernel and the cursor
stops spinning and then the systems reboots.

The system is working fine with other OS (Solaris/Win2k), and the only
thing I could find about this problem was to disable virus checking
in the bios, which is disabled.

I have tried both 4.6-release and -current floppies with no luck.  I
have checked the bios for unusual settings and there does not appear to
be any.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

Chris