Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:41:51 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        Benjamin Sher <delphi123@zebra.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD -- urgent hard drive issue

------------A83AC5B1706A

On 2005-06-20 at 17:24:17 Benjamin Sher wrote:

> I chose ad1and then saw the Fdisk screen. I don't need to Fdisk
> anything. I just want to use the second primary hard drive.

Yes, you do need to fdisk.  Simply allocate all space on the second
drive (ad1) to a FreeBSD partition by pressing A.  Try reading:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-steps.html

> I am very much afraid that I might do something wrong and wipe out
> my Windows installation.

Then don't select the first drive (ad0). :)  If you select this drive
by accident, it will show you the Windows partition(s) on it anyway,
so you will see immediately that you chose the wrong drive.

------------A83AC5B1706A

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFCtuO/sF6jCi4glqMRAszaAJ94ZD7S3qRtaCWcO/Tknhs6+mgP6QCgqbOx
gBn8IoKCzS+BN2cKooAo2YM=
=FIRo
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

------------A83AC5B1706A--