Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:48:44 +0000
From:      "David W. Curry" <david@magickalhome.com>
To:        malte.lance@gmx.net, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: X Windows

Malte Lance wrote:

>  > Second I downloaded qvwm to clone a win
>  > 95 desktop.  My DISPLAY in env is ":0.0"  I tried to start qvwm with
>  > that device and it says can't open that display.  Anyone know how do to
>  > fix that?
>
> Infos needed:
> 1. How do you start qvwm ?

I started it from the shell. :    qvwm -display ":0.0"

> 2. Is there a X-server running ?

Not when I try to start it.  The current windows manager is twm

> 3. Is there already a window-manager running ? (assuming qvwm is
>    a window-manager)

qvwm I believe is a window manager in its own right.  And no, I start it from
the shell so there is no windows maganer running.

I really am not concerned if qvwm starts.  I downloaded wine and can't figure
out how to get it to work either.  I am just intersted in any solution to make
a 95 cloned windows manager work with my system.  So if there is an easier
way, please let me know.