Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:50:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Campbell <bc-freebsd@vicious.dropbear.id.au>
To:        Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: awi driver for FreeBSD current

On Friday, 24th of March 2000, Onoe-san scribed:

> I've put the ported awi driver from NetBSD current to FreeBSD current.
> I'm not quite sure about the differences between FreeBSD 4.0 and
> -current but it will be expected to work on FreeBSD 4.0 as well.

It appears to work on FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE nicely with my BayStack 650 (FH)
and basestation.  dhclient triggered directly from pccard_ether does not
work; a forced delay of ~20 seconds after inserting the card seems to be
required before the pretty lights will play.

It is slightly more stable than the code in late november 1999 which had a
tendency to lose its base station at the first sign of excess traffic, ie
a simple test (ping -f -s 2048 le-laptop) from a 100meg workstation does
not require reinserting the card to get it to find the base station again.

FYI.

--==--
Bruce.

Now why is one of my WaveLAN cards making rattling noises...