Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:03:06 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mutt address book

    don't top-post, please.
    strip signatures from quoted text, please.

# purple@lewiz.info / 2002-10-26 15:04:49 +0100:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 11:07:30AM -0400, John Bleichert wrote:
> > IIRC mutt stores its address in its rc file. However, there is an
> > addressbook for mutt in the ports tree called 'abook' which works pretty
> > well. It's not as featureful as the pine addressbook but it's pretty good.
>
>   I've been using abook for quite some time but I didn't realize it had
> any association with mutt.  Are you saying that it can be invoked from
> within mutt (i.e. when I try and go to the address book - not through
> the regular execution of a programme)?  Thanks,

    exactly. look for query_command in the mutt manual.

    nb. you can invoke just about any address book software from within
    mutt as long as these two can understand each other. few lines of
    /bin/sh would fix any problems of that kind, though.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely
ignore your message.