Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:23:44 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Michael Glenn Williams <michaelw@iprg.nokia.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup in FreeBSD 4.0

Michael Glenn Williams wrote:

> Newbie behind firewall in California can't get through for my first
> cvsup. RTFM is
> OK answer (please quote chapter and verse) Here's the scenario:
>
> /home/michaelw/SOURCE_TREES/4.0.0-RELEASE] >cvsup -P - -g
> supfile.001 >>& cvsup.002.out & ; tail -f cvsup.002.out
> [1] 2079
> cvsup -P - -g supfile.001
>
> Cannot connect to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
> Will retry at 13:57:43
> Retrying
> Cannot connect to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
> Will retry at 14:08:52
> Retrying
> Cannot connect to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
> Will retry at 14:31:13
>
> This will go like this for 3 days if I let it.
>
> My supfile:
>
> cat supfile.001
>  *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
>  *default prefix=/home/michaelw/SOURCE_TREES/4.0.0-RELEASE
>  *default base=/home/michaelw/SOURCE_TREES/4.0.0-RELEASE/cvsup
>  *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
>
>  src-all
>  cvs-crypto

My supfile is

*default host=cvsup7.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
# The following line is for 4-stable.  If you want 3.x-stable, change
# "RELENG_4" to "RELENG_3".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
line.
*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
#
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*"
collections,
# except the export-restricted collections.
src-all

and it usually runs. I have also used cvsup1 on occasion but 7 is much
closer to me.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart