Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:09:29 EST
From:      Pauldembiski@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kylix 2 on FreeBSD

Dear FreeBSD enthiusiast:

I've just tried to get Kylix 2 Open Edition running on FreeBSD 4.6 and the
Linux 7.1 package.  After jumping through a few hoops getting libraries up to
snuff and paths straight, I'm at the point of executing "startkylix" which
runs "kylix".  The error I receive is:

modify_ldt : Function not implemented

a segmentation fault occurs, and the core is dumped.

The FreeBSD Handbook mentions that Linux programs that use i386 specific
calls will not work.  Can you confirm that this "modify_ldt" instance falls
into the category of i386-specific calls?  If so, I'd like to stop wasting my
time trying to get Kylix to run..........  (I'm assuming this command refers
to the Local Descriptor Table inside the CPU.)

Thank you for your time and effort!!!

Paul Dembiski