Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 00:27:50 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        Steven <steven@trance.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Where is wish?

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 11:09:22PM -0000, Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed tcl 8.3 from the ports (usr/ports/lang/tcl83). I can find tclsh
> (which is in /usr/local/bin), but i can't find wish anywhere. I can't find
> it in the ports either as a seperate installation. Can anyone help?

Mmm.. I typed "wish on my 4.2 machine and I see the following..

gateway:/root/bin# wish
In FreeBSD, wish is named with a version number.  This is because
different versions of wish are not compatible with each other and
they can not all be called "wish"!  You may need multiple versions
installed because a given port may depend on a specific version.

On your system, wish is installed under at least the following names:

wish8.2

gateway:/root/bin# whereis wish8.2
wish8.2: /usr/local/bin/wish8.2

There is a man page, although whereis hasnt found it..

So.. must be there somewhere !

Cliff