Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:00:27 +0530
From:      A Joseph Koshy <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   softupdates and -current

Is there any chance of McKusick's softupdates code getting into the
standard FreeBSD CVS tree?

>From what I can see, McKusick's copyright does not restrict the FreeBSD
project from redistributing the sources.

Having the code in the main tree would help proof it from bitrot
(with apologies to terry&nate; "code.does.not.mutate." etc).

Where can I pick up softupdates code that would work with -current as of
30th March?  I found seven .tgz files on
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming, but the latest was of 23rd Feb
vintage.

Koshy
<koshy@india.hp.com>			My Personal Opinions Only.