Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 03:25:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Siobhan Patricia Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
To:        Reinoud <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibb.net>
Cc:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipf or ipfw (was: log with dynamic firewall rules)

I actually use ipfw for everything, I can;t see any real advantage to
ipfilter in a situation that we're using it for (some people know
where I work)

ipfilter has to be flushed and reloaded, I don;t have that luxury

ipfw I can add rules on the fly.

now back in 3.x, I would have chosen ipf over ipfw, but with the
dawn of check-state and keep-state, ipfw wins hands down in this
situation.

-Trish

__

Trish Lynch