Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:04:36 +0100
From:      Olaf Greve <o.greve@axis.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem when SSH-ing to FreeBSD 5.3 using PuTTY?

Hi Jon,

> You did not state the version of Putty you are using.

Hmmm, good one. I just checked and it is version 0.50.

> Try the latest version, (release 0.56) I beleive.
> There was a problem in earlier versions of Putty with keyboard-interactive
> method of authentication.

I'll give that a shot. It's quite interesting that it would work with
fbsd 5.2.1 (and earlier) and not with fbsd 5.3, but it might indeed be
the culprit.

Either way: after the weekend I shall let you guys know what the culprit
was. :)

Cheerz and 'ave a good weekend!
Olafo