Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2014 23:26:27 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ryan Frederick <ryanrfrederick@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Requesting Committer Attention for ports/184011

--PVoK7njFUXCuslMT8EQt8R6ssRVPWuVHX

On 15/03/2014 22:28, Ryan Frederick wrote:
> I'd appreciate your help Matthew. I don't intend this patch to be an
> end-all and be-all commit but rather a stopgap commit as part of
> transitioning to a fork I've made of the original upstream
> (https://github.com/rfrederick/check_ports). The original author ended
> development three years ago, and since I use the port daily I'd like to=

> bring it up to speed as far as pkgng and staging support goes.

OK -- no problem.  Adding staging support is trivial.  See

https://redports.org/browser/matthew/net-mgmt/nagios-check_ports/Makefile=
?rev=3D24309

If you're going to switch to a new fork of the code, then lets do that.
 I take it that means you're going to want to host the distfiles
somewhere else?  You can do it from github if you need to, but it's
probably easier if you just make a tarball and stick it on a webserver
somewhere.

Anyhow, send me what you have as a diff against the current port, and we
can take it from there.  Or rather, we can take it from there
/tomorrow/.  Time for me to retire for the night.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.