Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 2013 09:07:43 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Status of USE_GITHUB fetching

------enig2JEVKGJQCGGJGAXCDJTRB

On 6/9/2013 8:07 AM, Steve Wills wrote:
> On 06/07/13 22:32, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>> On 6/6/2013 8:26 AM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>>> Ports using USE_GITHUB are currently broken. Github changed their
>>> tar/compression algorithm which has resulted in mismatched checksums.=

>>> I am working on changing our implementation and updating all affected=

>>> ports and should have the fix committed by this weekend, after enough=

>>> testing.
>>>

>> Github fixed the checksums issue.
>>
>> You will see random 'size not known' warnings. These should be harmles=
s.
>> It's due to how they have implemented their download streaming.
>>
>=20
> Are you saying this might happen once and be resolved or that it will b=
> ongoing and not resolvable?
>=20

The size warnings (during fetch) will essentially always happen. The
checksumming/size checking after fetch is fine.

I really recommend all USE_GITHUB ports use a mirror as their default
MASTER_SITE and use the GH MASTER_SITE secondary. This will prevent
checksum errors in the future if they change things again, and avoid the
size warnings during fetch.

MASTER_SITES=3D http://some.mirror.com/ \
              GH

This will check the mirror first, then check github.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery