Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:20:44 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Mike Thompson <mike@atomz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SAP DB on FreeBSD

# mike@atomz.com / 2002-10-25 17:32:12 -0700:
> Has anyone heard about any port efforts around SAP DB (www.sapdb.org) to
> FreeBSD?  SAP DB is recently open-sourced SQL database that runs underneath
> the SAP R/3 suite of ERP applications (Oracle is also supported by SAP R/3
> as well).  According the following link SAP R/3 has been known to work on
> FreeBSD using Linux emulation:
>
> http://www.daemonnews.org/200007/SAP_meets_BSD.html
>
> I would assume that SAP DB would work as well under Linux emulation, but it
> would be cool if a native FreeBSD port effort was underway.  However, with
> 6000+ source files it sounds like a monster to port.

    I googled around some months ago, and all I could come up with were
    a bunch of "please port SAPDB to FreeBSD" posts to the SAPDB ml, and
    one "that will be pretty hard, SAPDB source doesn't use the GNU
    auto* tools, nor anything like that" mail from one of the
    developers. but all those emails were pretty old. the SAP people
    were generally *very* quiet on this matter.

    but maybe things have moved further since then.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely
ignore your message.