Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:12:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        John Woodruff <jjw@us.net>
Cc:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, John Woodruff wrote:

> Joe McGuckin wrote:
> > I think Cisco does something similar to this for their
> > 'out-of-the-box' configuration.
>
> Yes, almost exactly.  It's truly a wonder to behold.  See:
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios111/tech1.htm
> for the inside details.

Cisco has it easy, the PROM is exact for the box it's in, vastly
minimizing the array 'kernel' services. BTW, doesn't the Cisco come
with a pre-burned PC-Card memory mard that has all the IOS stuff
on it? We are not talking about loading system software, with
Cisco we are merely talking about configuring it, aren't we?

Dan

--
danj@3skel.com
Dan Janowski