Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:30:31 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Paulo Ricardo Trainini <trainini@fortnet.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sender domain must exist

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:02:20AM -0200, Paulo Ricardo Trainini wrote:
> I have installed the freebsd 4.1 to connect the intranetwork with the
> internet. Your conections with internet is dial-up with static ip. When I
> try send the email from server (mail command) all rigth. But when I try
> send the email from computer in intranet (ip invalid) the sendmail return
> the message:

Since you are behind an intranet, it is usually safe to assume that an
intranet mail-gateway has been set up by your admins.

The safest way to send mail from within the intranet is to forward all
your mail to the intranet mail-gateway.  That mail server should know
what to do with your messages in order to have them delivered correctly.

Just my $0.02,

Giorgos.