Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:10:57 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Cc:        hostmaster@freebsd.org, hostmaster@hr.freebsd.org
Subject:   [bojanb@python.physics.odu.edu: FreeBSD mirror site]

----- Forwarded message from Bojan Bistrovic <bojanb@python.physics.odu.edu> -----

From: Bojan Bistrovic <bojanb@python.physics.odu.edu>
Subject: FreeBSD mirror site
To: wosch@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:11:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.
I'm not sure if you're the right person for this question, but since you
are listed as webmaster I'll ask it anyway. A friend of mine has been
running an unofficial FreeBSD mirror in Croatia at Zagreb university's
physics department http://enceladus.phy.hr/freebsd/ ; yesterday in
conversation I asked him why doesn't he tell you about it so you could put
a link for it on FreeBSD master site and maybe give him the appropriate
address for it (www.hr.freebsd.org); the answer I received is that the
address is already in use. So I checked the address and it REALLY is
being used as an alias for http://sjenka.POSLuH.hr/ (195.29.205.14)
which is a Croatian Internet provider company. They DON'T EVEN RUN
FreeBSD; they are running MS-Windows server for that site. Needless to
say, there's no mention of FreeBSD anywhere on their web pages. I don't
know how they got that address but it makes me pretty mad to see this,
and I'm sure other FreeBSD supporters feel the same. Could you (plural)
please DO something about it?

Regards, Bojan

Bojan Bistrovic,                                      bojanb@jlab.org
Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA & Jefferson Lab, Newport News, VA

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Wolfram Schneider <wolfram@schneider.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org