Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:53:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Damien Tougas <damientougas@yahoo.com>
To:        postmaster@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to send e-mail to freebsd.org domain

Hello,

I am currently unable to send e-mail to the FreeBSD
mailing lists through my mail server (hence I am
sending this using a Yahoo mail account). Your mail
servers reject my mail saying that they cannot find my
hostname.

My server's name is server.merchantsbarter.com, and my
IP address is 198.78.66.185. Name resolution works
both in forward and reverse with no conflicts in the
name, and this has been verified from several
locations across the US.

I think at one point, probably about 2 months ago
(when I was initially setting up the server) I tried
to send a message to one of the mailing lists but did
not have a reverse DNS lookup properly configured. Do
your mail servers cache those prior attempts? If so,
what do I have to do to have my server's name/IP
removed from this cache?

Thanks for your help.

--
Damien Tougas.