Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:28:21 -0500
From:      John Rieser <jjr@grauel.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unknown cards in dmesg:

Help!
Apologies all around, I'm new to the 'mobile' list.  I've recently acquired a
Dell Inspirion 8100 and need a little help setting up some unknown cards
reflected by dmesg and looking up vendor codes in /usr/share/misc/pci_vendors:
	ESS Tech:
		ES1980 Maestro-3 pci audio accelerator
	3COM:
		3C556 V.90 mini-pci modem
	Texas Inst:
		PCI4451 OHCI-Lynx IEEE-1394 Firewire Adapter
So far I've completed a buildworld/installworld of 4.5-Release, custom kernel,
and mergemaster.
I suppose I could live without the firewire adapter and modem, but would really
love to have sound enabled on this notebook!
Any pointers are much appreciated.
--
John J. Rieser			jjr@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \