Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:15:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Archive pruning

I want to bring up a suggestion.  I just want a little bit of argument on
it ... and if you're violently opposed, just say so, that's fine.

I want to suggest that, once a year, we go thru the cvs archive, and prune
away all history more than 3 (or maybe 2, maybe 4) years old.  This could
be done without too much pain, I think, in a script.  The purpose is to
put some kind of cap on growth of the FreeBSD source archive.  While folks
do sometimes go hunting for hugely old materials in the tree, I normally
couldn't care less (when browsing) about history that old.

Do we really need 5 year old history?

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.