Date:      	Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:10:33 -0700
From:      "Tyler Ripley" <cyberchip@mailcity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mouse not working in X Windows

I installed option number 5 of FreeBSD, and when I type startx it will start to initialize
the X Windows system, and the screen will clear, but then it exits out, and says

Fatal Error:
Mouse not found(device not installed)

but I did install the mouse.  I installed a PS/2 Mouse, because on the bottom of
my mouse it says PS/2 compatible, but it's also a Microsoft mouse, and I tried that
option too, and it also did the same thing.  Is there anything I can do to use the
mouse?

Tyler Ripley

Get your FREE, private e-mail
account at http://www.mailcity.com