Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:43:58 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        Assar Westerlund <assar@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Jacques A.Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
Subject:   Re: Lucent Wavelan and 4.2 works like a charm.

On 05-Jan-01 Assar Westerlund wrote:
> "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com> writes:
>> All I can add is that I agree, and don't forget to update the
>> other wireless drivers as well :-)
>
> Ok.  awi seems to already default to infrastructure, and I think I've
> tweaked an, ray, and wi in the following patch.

Please do not commit this to the ray driver. BSS mode is not supported on
most of the cards in sold. There are two firmware versions of the ray cards.

        Version 4 - works and does not have access points
        Version 5 - not tested and does have access points

I will be getting some cards and an AP from Raylink (www.raylink.com) to
test the driver properly with version 5 firmware.

I will ensure that V4 cards default to IBSS and V5 cards to BSS.

> Testers and/or comments are welcome.
>
> /assar

Duncan

---