Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:25:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Hockenhull <benh@blues.jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.1.0 woes

Folks,

I've been messing around all weekend trying to get X working on this Vaio
R505TS, and I'm just stumped.

I installed XFree86 4.1.0 via the ports tree and am trying to get X
working on this Vaio, which has the i815 graphics chipset.  I have the AGP
module loaded, I'm running 4.3-STABLE, and when I run XFree86 -configure,
I get a blank screen.  It does not respond to a ctrl-alt-backspace, and if
I kill it from the shell, I don't get my console back.  Only thing I can
do to regain console is reboot.

I've put a copy of the XFree86.log at
http://www.jpj.net/~benh/XFree86.0.log.txt, rather than including it
inline, as it's a rather lengthy file.