Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:51:19 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Editor

On Sun, 08 Nov 1998 at 20:22 SAST, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> any recommendations for editors?
>
> I mean, I don't mind vi, but for large coding projects I find it not handy to
> use... I run X-Windows and no, EMacs in _not_ an option ;)

You'll get as many answers as respondents.  :-)

Have a look at vim as well.  It's a pretty advanced programmer's editor with
a vi-like interface.  Syntax highlighting, the works.  Also has an X version
with pull-down menus, etc.

Apart from that, install everything in ports/editors and see which you like
best.  :-)

-- V

Johann Visagie | wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878 | ICQ: 20645559