Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:50:55 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keyboard reset question - that did it!

Thanks Russel! That did the trick.

The only hangup is that the num-lock doesn't come on.  I have the others
(Caps Lock and screen-lock, I think) disabled anyway, so I don't really
give a hoot about the numlock.

Thanks again.
Lou

On 07/20/01 01:14 PM, Russell J. Lahti sat at the `puter and typed:
> At 12:23 PM 7/20/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hmm.  So why does the keyboard come up dead if I boot the machine
> >while the switch is on another system?  I'll make sure I read that
> >manpage in depth.
> >
> >I think I'll also check out the BIOS and see what gives there.
> >
> >Any other ideas are very welcome.
>
> In your kernel configuration, there is a line:
>
> device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
>
> Change it to this:
>
> device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1
>
> That fixed the problem for me.
>
> -Russell

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Understanding is always the understanding of a smaller problem
in relation to a bigger problem.
    -- P.D. Ouspensky