Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:58:10 +0100
From:      Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>(by way of Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>)
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux For Managers Part 2

On Monday 28 October 2002 22:42, Derek Barrett wrote:
> What Postgres had alot of success with, was they basically just asked
> everyone in the community that was using it, to come back and let them
> know. This was awesome, because what came back was very surprising, we
> learned that Cisco, BASF, and the .INFO domains all use Postgres. Postgres
> recently beat out Oracle (there were about 15 firms and they all were
> proposing to us Oracle) to host the entire .ORG registry.
>
> I feel that FreeBSD desparately needs to update its case studies. We should
> follow the Postgres example. Heck, I'll even set something up like the
> Postgres Advocacy site, if people want to let everyone know that their
> company is using FreeBSD.

I'm currently working (with the support and cooperation of some other people)
on a FreeBSD PR site, as discussed earlier here on -advocacy, which will
debut (hopefully) on Wednesday. We could do something like this on the site -
keep things on one site to make things simpler :). What do you think?

Best regards,

Arjan
avleeuwen@piwebs.com