Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:20:04 GMT
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/166063: ports/packages management tool for entire reinstallation

The following reply was made to PR ports/166063; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:14:03 -0400

 Thank you for your support of FreeBSD, and our ports tree.

 A couple of notes, please.

 for any update to a port, like this one, please do not send a shar.  You
 need to _ATTACH_ a patch, created with diff -ruN  (or -BbruN).

 This way, the ports committers can see what you changed.  The way it is
 now, a port maintainer will need to do a lot more work to try to see
 what has changed.

 Second note:

 if you are the port maintainer for this port, you must 'send-pr' via
 your email address as it is in the port.  Otherwise, the GNATS auto
 assign system won't know you are the maintainer, and might get the pr lost.

 Third, as the port maintainer, you _MUST_ set the class of your updates,
 to 'maintainer-update', not update.  Again, so GNATS won't get lost.

 lastly, your Synopsis needs to list your port , again, so GNATS won't
 get lost.

 your Synopsis for this one should have been [MAINTAINER-UPDATE]
 ports-mgmt/portsreinstall  Update to 1.0.0

 I am going to fix the synopsis, class and submission address, but you
 need to _ATTACH_ a properly formatted patch so that a ports committer
 can act on your pr.

 Again, Thank you for your time being a FreeBSD ports maintainer, and for
 your work on portsreinstall.

 --
 Michael Scheidell, CTO
  >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
 d: +1.561.948.2259
 w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell