Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:55:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/conf files src/sys/dev/ciss ciss.c cissio.h cissreg.h cissvar.h src/sys/modules Makefile src/sys/modules/ciss Makefile src/sys/i386/conf NOTES

>From: Michael Harnois <mharnois@cpinternet.com>
>Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:25:00 -0600

>On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:57:04 +0600 (NOVT), nnd@mail.nsk.ru (Nickolay Dudorov) said:

>    > 	And I can buildkernel only after the next patch:

>I don't reach that:

>/usr/src/sys/modules/ciss/../../dev/ciss/ciss.c:3214: conflicting types for `cis

I got to the same failure point that Michael did, (hand-)applied
Nickolay's patch, and was able to build the kernel OK.  Now installing
world, as I type.

Most of Nickolay's patch appears to update ciss.c for the KSE support,
it seems to me.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.