Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 17:26:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Copyrights and the current FreeBSD handbook...

Rodney W. Grimes writes:
> > Also, take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/How/handbook.
> > Some things are still a jumble, but both these topics could find
> > a home in Part 4: Advanced topics.
>
> Actually it is in 19.3, and there is already a file in the tree,
> we should probably bring up a core team discusion about that file
> as it was original taken verbatium from UCB, but several of us
> have found that some mild rewording is in order.

Well, I'll let the core team hammer out the wording, and I'll see
to it that it gets in the manual.  If the said file stays put in
the source tree, and in its current format, the handbook can just
pull it in directly when html/latex/ascii versions are generated.

> Now onto another topic.. in the bibliography section of the How/Handbook
> I see *no* mention of the O'Reily BSD 4.4 manual set, this is a major
> oversight, it is the bible as far as I am concerned for our code base!!!

And that isn't the only thing missing, inaccurate, and out of
date!  I just dug out my O'Reilly catalog and will fill out the
bibliography a bit more.  And to everyone else, please send a
citation of YOUR favorite FreeBSD relevant book or magazine to
doc@freebsd.org.  Ultimately, I would like to make this an
annotated bibliography, so if you have comments on any of the
entries, send those in too!

-john