Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 08:21:29 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@lan.Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Duke Normandin" <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Tun0 -- Too many idle timeout values

Hmm, there's something strange going on.

You should be able to run ppp at the command line then at the prompt
type

  set timeout 300

Given that this works, there must be something bogus in your config
file - maybe you've got non-ascii characters at the end of the line
or something ?

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>