Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:47:04 -0400
From:      Barbara Diederich <barbara@electricfoundry.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Poweredge 2550 with Adaptec AIC-7899

Dear all,

I have attempted to load FreeBSD 4.3 onto the Dell Poweredge 2550 with
Raid Enabled Perc3-Di using an Adaptec AIC-7899 Ultra 3 SCSI 3
Controller.

I don't see this device listed in the generic kernel althought the 4.3
release notes say that they support this hardware... and once I exit the
kernel config I do see this device being listed as I enter the
sysinstall menu... but, once I go to do the fdsk... no hard drives are
found!

Unfortunately Dell and Adaptec specifically support Linux... and so
information on this problem is hard to find.

Can you help?

Thanks so much,

Barbara Diederich