Date:      	11 Jun 1996 08:07:53 GMT
From:      hafner@suncog2.forwiss.tu-muenchen.de (Walter 'madhouse' Hafner)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with Java / Netscape 30b4 -- URGENT!

Hello!

Today's June, 11.  If I don't get a reply today you may aswell skip this
mail ... :-((

I installed Netscape 30b4 with the port for -current on a fairly vanilla
2.1R system:

It went through without problems. It created the /usr/local/bin/netscape
script and moved the binary to /usr/local/bin/netscape.bin. It created
/usr/local/lib/netscape aswell and copied all necessary files to it.

I tried it and Netscape runs well with ONE exception: It doesn't execute
Java-applets. The error message is "couldn't create AppletClassLoader
for JavaScript"

The configuration is ok: I use the same preferences-file with 30b4 on a
Sparc unter SunOS 4.1.3.

I tried the "mkfontdir" hint without success and commented out the
CLASSDIR variable - also without success. I didn't get the classes.zip
file, though.

Any further hints? It's realy URGENT: Thursday morning, my computer
stands on a local exhibition as an Internet-surf-terminal ...

Thanks,

-Walter
--
Walter Hafner____________________________ hafner@forwiss.tu-muenchen.de
FORWISS Muenchen, FG Kognitive Systeme,  Raum O-134, Tel: 089/48095-220