Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:18:23 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyspan USB serial adaptors

Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com> probably said:
> The Keyspan adapters need to have firmware loaded on them before they
> become functional.

Blah.

> If you poke around for the Entrega support (Keyspans are relabelled
> Entregas, essentially) you can find the necessary firmware
> downloader.  Doug Ambrisko had some tools to that effect posted on
> his website. I have a USA19W that works fine in BSD.  Note that
> Keyspan themselves has linux drivers with the firmware posted, and
> Entrega went under a few years ago.

I've messed with Doug's tools with a different serial block some time
ago and never got it working too well (it would crash the
machine). Are you using the firmware from the linux drivers ?

> Not sure why you'd want a QW, it only does 38400 or 57600 baud. The
> 19W does 115200 and faster :)

It's not mine, trying to get it working for a cow-orker.

The label says 19QW, the picture of the high speed adaptor on
keyspan's web page is identical and the owner says it does 115200 and
faster under Windows.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu