Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 23:20:48 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ports : Galeon 0.12.2 not compiling

On 10/07/01 07:21 PM, b.k.jackson@verizon.net sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hi -
>
>   I'm running 4.4  (uname -a output)
>
>  4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #9: Sat Sep 29 14:21:34 EDT 2001
>
>   and having problems with the port for galeon 0.12.2.
>
> I had some problems with the translation files which I was able to work through, but not sure what to do about this one.
>
> The  problem I'm having is as below:

I saw a few strange issues in 4.4-RELEASE as late as Oct 2.  My Oct 3
build came out clean and nice so far.  All ports upgraded fairly clean
via portupgrade.  I also build the latest galeon (love it!) and have
had no trouble with other ports.

You might want to consider the RELEASE tag line; I've found it a
little more 'stable' than the STABLE branch.  Probably with good
reason.  My understanding of the RELEASE branch is that the developers
try to keep it at release quality code.  The STABLE is kept as a
stable development branch, meaning that it must be usable, but may
have some temporary anomalies.  Besides that, it isn't unheard of for
someone asking -STABLE questions on this list to get a mild scolding :(
Still, considering what goes into it, I'd have to say they do do a
pretty good job of it.

Try the latest RELEASE branch (I use the RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE tag in my
cvsupfile).  It is very clean.  Galeon will want mozilla rebuilt, as
it now includes the Netscape psm module by default - can't wait til
they get the native ssl code in, the psm stuff is a bit strange in
galeon.

Just my $0.02
HTH
Lou