Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 07:02:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'm rather annoyed with -current.

Not only has the thread_init race problem still NOT been fixed (try a
make world in -current using a 2.1-RELEASE system as the base - it
will fall over!) but today we have this new problem:

===> lib/librpcsvc
cc -O -pipe -I/usr/include/rpcsvc -c klm_prot_xdr.c -o klm_prot_xdr.o
In file included from klm_prot_xdr.c:6:
/usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:10: parse error before `xdr_klm_stats'
/usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:10: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:15: parse error before `netobj'
/usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h:15: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

I'm not even particularly sure how to fix this one, either.  The
header file that's generated here certainly doesn't include the
required header files itself, and blowing away /usr/include/rpcsvc
and trying to repopulate it from scratch didn't help.

I haven't been able to build -stable for several weeks now - is it
just me, managing to try it on every single day that the tree is
broken?  I'm about to give up on the whole idea of a 2.2-SNAP, to be
honest! :-(

We really need to be more careful with the -current tree.  This is not
good.

						Jordan