Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:12:13 +0800 (WST)
From:      Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make buildworld 3.4S to 4.0S

x-no-archive: yes

Hiyall,

Today, when doing a make buildworld of 4.0 source on our 3.4 machines,
there are some interesting observations. I was just wondering if the
following is 'normal':

o sendmail was not compiled. I do not have the 'no-sendmail' (or equiv)
flag in make.conf set. A number of other binaries were not compiled
either, despite the source for them being there.

o The final size of /usr/obj differs between the machines. The first two
(228549 1k blocks, and 227119) seem close enough. The third, however, is
close to 10Mb short of the other two (214885).

Any comments greatly appreciated. Is it 'safe' to follow the remaining
steps?

Regards,

d.