Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:20:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <ports@brandon.dvalentine.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/63545 linux-flashplugin6 bug

The following reply was made to PR ports/63545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <ports@brandon.dvalentine.com>
To: Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:15:34 -0600

 On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:39:21PM +0000, Stacey Roberts wrote:
 > After fresh cvsup of ports tree today. I portsupgraded
 > linux-flashplugin to version: linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_1. After
 > restarting linux-opera, flash no longer works. The version of
 > linux-flashplugin that I had working successfully was:
 > linux-flashplugin-6.0r79. My version of linux-opera is:
 > linux-opera-7.23.20031119

 Stacey,

 Thank you for exposing a problem in my port Makefile.  It appears I have
 run up against a known bug in pmake.  From the BUGS section of make(1):

   For loops are expanded before tests, so a fragment such as:

     .for TMACHINE in ${SHARED_ARCHS}
     .if ${TMACHINE} = ${MACHINE}
     .endif
     .endfor

   won't work, and should be rewritten the other way around.

 I was making use of this construct in my Makefile and due to some cruft
 on the system I tested the port on, I didn't notice that this was
 failing.  I will be back shortly with a patch that fixes this.

 BTW, there is no need to modify the Makefile everytime you cvsup to use
 this with linux-opera.  You can define USE_X_PREFIX and PLUGINSDIR on
 the make command line, via portupgrade's -m option or in pkgtools.conf's
 MAKE_ARGS section.

 HTH,

 Brandon D. Valentine
 --
 brandon@dvalentine.com                           http://www.geekpunk.net
 Pseudo-Random Googlism:  february is 'for the birds'