Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:47:50 -0700
From:      Jonathan Feally <vulture@netvulture.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with 6.2-PRE and udp applications - dhcpd and named

Hello,
I have a P4 2.8 box running on an intel MB with a em0 acting as a firewall.
The em0 has multiple tagged vlans on it, no ip assigned to main interface.
Almost clockwork now, 6-7 days after bootup named or dhcpd completly
locks up. I can't even kill -9 the apps.
I have recompiled both apps since upgrading.
I have only made two changes to this system around the same time.
1.   Removed 2nd em nic that had only 1 network connected not vlan tagged.
2.   Upgraded to 6.2-PRE

Has anyone else had these problems?
I am going to try running the system with the internet connection not
tagged to see if that helps.

Thanks, -Jon

believed to be clean.