Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: He's baaaaaack...

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 15-Jul-98, Tim Gerchmez wrote:
> faster
> than 2.2.6.. and it will finally have support for VFAT and FAT32, which
> means all long filenames on a mounted Win95 partition will be visible to
> the OS.  At last...  This will make installing packages much easier for

If you can't wait for 3.0, and want VFAT/FAT32 support *NOW*, go on to:

http://members.aol.com/hyama99/

and download the files that are there.

These are patches against 2.2.x that add VFAT and FAT32 support to it.
The patches are really easy to apply, and probably won't take you longer
than 30 minutes to get up and running (plus however long it takes your
particular machine to recompile the kernel).

These seem to be extremely stable, well tested patches.  I've been using
them for quite a while, and have not noticed anything bad.
---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.